1. OUT OF BOUNDS (Proceed under Rule 27.1)
- Beyond any boundary fence, hedge. Or in or over any boundary ditch.
- In or beyond the ditches marked by the line of white stakes on the left of the 6th/ 15th & the 9th/ 18th .
- In or beyond the ditch at the back of the 9th green.
- In or beyond the ditch on the left of the fairway approaching the 18th green.
- Beyond the line marked by the white stakes and kerbstones left of and rear of the 18th green.
- The clubhouse with its flagged paths and tarmac car park areas.
2. WATER HAZARDS (Proceed under Rule 26)
- On the 2nd/11th holes – the ditch on the left between the yellow posts.
- On the 2nd/11th holes – the ditch on the right of the practice ground.
- On the 3rd/12th holes – the ditch on the far right.
- On the 4th/13th holes – the ditch close to the fender on the left.
- On the 5th/14th holes – the ditch over the fender on the left, between the yellow posts.
- The ditch on the right of the 1st/100th fairways.
- The ditch on the left of the 2nd/11th fairways where marked by red posts.
- On the 5th/14th, the ditch over the fender on the left, between the red posts.
4. IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (Proceed under Rule 24.2)
All shelters, huts, sheds, obstructing green’s equipment, man-made steps, manhole covers, ball washers and marker discs on the course are immovable obstructions.
5. PATHS/TRACTOR MARKS (Rule 24.2)
A ball lying on a constructed path on the course, or in a tractor mark. Relief available under Rule 24.2.
6. YOUNG TREES (Rule 24.2)
Trees marked with white tape. Relief available under Rule 24.2
7. STONES IN BUNKERS (Rule 24.1)
Stones in bunkers are moveable obstructions. Relief available under Rule 24.1.
8. PRACTICE AREAS (Rule 33.2c)
On competition day, practice is restricted to
- The triangular area between the 1st, 2nd & 3rd holes bounded by the ditch on the right of the 1st and the treeline on the right of the 2nd & 3rd
- The chipping green and driving net at the rear of the 18th green bounded by the paths, car parks and shrubs.
9. FIXED SPRINKLER HEADS, CONTROL BOXES & DRAINAGE PLUGS.
Relief from interference may be obtained under Rule 24.2. In addition, if the obstruction is either:- on or within two club lengths of the green being played, and it intervenes on the line of play between the ball of the hole, the player may obtain the relief without penalty, as follows:-
- If the ball lies on the putting green, it must be lifted and placed, not nearer hole, at the nearest point at which intervention would be avoided.
- If the ball is off the green (but not in a hazard) and it is within two club lengths of the obstruction, it must be lifted, cleaned and dropped at the nearest point of relief, not nearer the hole. Penalty for breach of Local Rule: Match Play – Loss of Hole. Stroke Play – -Two Strokes.
10. MEASURING DEVICES (Rule 14.3)
For all play, only devices for obtaining distance information are allowed. Use of devices that measure conditions such as gradient, windspeed, temperature etc. will result in disqualification.
Players in competitions have priority. Four ball, three ball, two ball and singles have equal standing.
Players on the 1st and 10th tees shall take turns to tee off. Players leaving the 9th have no priority. Players must not begin play from the 4th tee of other players are leaving the 2nd green.